Now is the perfect time of year for a delicious and healthy Minestrone soup.
This is a recipe I haven’t even added to the cookbook yet so I would love your feedback!
– 3 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 small minced white onion
– ½ cup chopped zucchini
– ½ cup Italian green beans
– ½ stalk minced celery
– 4 cloves minced garlic
– 4 cups vegetable broth (yeast diet approved or make your own)
– 2 cans (15 oz) red kidney beans, drained
– 2 cans (15 oz) great northern or small white beans, drained
– 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes (yeast diet approved or use 2-4 diced tomatoes)
– ½ cup shredded carrot
– 2 tablespoons minced parsley
– 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
– 1½ teaspoons salt
– ½ teaspoon dried basil
– ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
– 3 cups hot water
– 4 cups fresh baby spinach
– ½ cup small shell pasta
– Measure olive oil into a large stock pot and heat on medium.
– Put the onion, celery, garlic, green beans, and zucchini into the pot and saute for about 5 minutes or until the onions become translucent.
– Add the vegetable broth, drained tomatoes, beans, carrots, hot water and spices to the pot.
– Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
– Add the spinach leaves and the pasta and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
Here is a link to an easy to make vegetable broth: http://simplysugarandglutenfree.com/vegetable-stock-recipe-a-good-stock-is-important/
I hope you enjoy!